2008/10/09

Palin to drop puck at Flyers game


BOOOOOOO!!! This should be the sound roaring through the Wachovia Center when Sarah Palin is introduced to drop the first puck on Saturday's home opener against the Flyers.
Owner Ed Snider's excuse, “Because of the tremendous amount of publicity she has brought to our sport, we invited the most popular hockey mom in North America to our home opener to help us get our season started.” Snider said in a team statement Wednesday, “We are very excited she has accepted our offer and we are very proud of the publicity she is generating for hockey moms and the sport of hockey.”
She is self-proclaimed pitbull with lipstick and she knows as much about politics as my dog, Eleanor. I know this is a big draw for the Flyers to get a Vice Presidential canidate to drop the first puck, but I think the Flyers should have gotten Upper Darby native, Tina Fey to dress up as Palin to drop the first puck.

1 comment:

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I won't be at the game, but booing from my couch will have to do. Coming to a city of democrates is a mistake, I hope they do boo her right off the ice!